6 Month Smiles
Have you considered orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment but been put off by the prospect of wearing braces or aligners every day for up to three years? Now there is an answer for those wanting a quick fix for their crooked smile – the revolutionary 6-Month Smiles treatment.
Six-Month Smiles can be used to treat a wide variety of orthodontic complaints, including:
- Crowding -teeth are too close together
- Spacing – gaps between teeth
- Overbite – teeth overlap too much
- Overjet – front teeth stick out
- Underbite – lower teeth stick out
- Crossbite – teeth bite on the wrong side of each other
- Openbite – your teeth do not meet when you bite
- Misplaced midline – centre lines of upper and lower teeth don’t align
The main benefits of the 6-Month Smiles system are:
- The wires are discreet, being small and tooth-coloured.
- Treatment time is reduced by up to 75%.
- Discomfort is kept to a minimum, as the teeth are gently repositioned.
What does the treatment involve?
During your initial appointment, your dentist will give you an indication as to whether the 6-Month Smiles treatment is suitable for you and the likely treatment time and costs involved. Once agreed, during your first visit, you will be fully assessed and your dentist will take some photographs, X-rays and examine your smile. Following this, you will be fitted with the special 6-Month Smiles braces approximately 4 weeks later, which are small, white brackets, and special wires that come directly from the 6-Month Smiles laboratory in the United States. After your first fitting, you will visit your dentist every 4-5 weeks for short 10-15 minute appointments for regular adjustments of your braces until the end of your treatment.
If the 6-Month Smiles is a new treatment, how do I know it will work for me?
In the UK, 6-Month Smiles is a new technique, but in the US, 100s of patients have undergone the 6-Month Smiles program of treatment with fantastic success. This is an exciting new treatment in the UK, which could be a perfect solution to correcting crooked teeth before a wedding, for example.